The Construction Leadership Council (CLC) was established to fulfill the need to cultivate the next generation of leaders in the construction industry as well as the association both at the local and national levels.
What do you get when you join the CLC?
Membership in the CLC is a win-win-win situation. GBCA wins by being able to fulfill its mission of assisting and educating its members to the max. CLC member companies are the biggest winners of all. CLC committee membership is free per company, they get to assign as many of their employees as they wish to participate at the low cost CLC events and training. One important key to surviving in today’s economic climate is having a well-educated staff that is confident that the company they work for cares about them. Knowledge is power – strength, ability, and potential.
Service - Education - Networking - Leadership
It is critical that the young professionals of the membership within the GBCA develop into the future leaders of our industry, community and our association. Through education, networking and service each member of the CLC will grow to understand that construction starts with building relationships. Our goal is to develop the future leadership of GBCA that will continue to construct an industry that becomes safer and more productive.
The CLC is a group of young construction professionals (ages 40 and younger) who are committed to maintaining, improving and promoting the construction industry and our association through education, networking and service. The CLC will promote the mission of the GBCA while building the future foundation for our association, industry and leadership.
Structure of the CLC
The CLC Steering Committee members serve two year terms, with alternating terms between members. Incoming steering committee members will be elected by the seated committee in December of each year. Consideration will be given to interested Active GBCA member employees. The CLC Steering Committee Chair will be appointed via recommendation of the Steering Committee and approved by the GBCA Board Chair for a two year term.
- CLC Chairman / Membership Chair: Reggie Asare, Skanska Building USA
- CLC Vice Chair / CLC Education Chair: Mary Kate Radomski, Frank V. Radomski & Sons
- CLC Safety Chair: Gene Rose, Jr., Armor Masonry Restoration, Inc.
- CLC Events Chair: Casey Perry, Revolution Recovery, LLC
- CLC Community Service Chair: Christina Pasquariello, P. Agnes, Inc.
- CLC Government Affairs Chair: Ronald Zawacki, Siemens Industry, Inc.
View the 2019 Construction Leadership Council Calendar of Events
GBCA's Construction Leadership Council is looking for the next generation of leaders!
Do you want to be a leader in the construction industry?
Do you have interest in networking and sharing ideas with your peers?
Are you an up-and-coming leader in your company and want to get more involved with other businesses in the industry?
Do you have an eye for philanthropy and want to lead the GBCA's philanthropic efforts?
New CLC Steering Committee Members
Those interested in joining the Steering Committee must submit:
- The member application form
- A signed commitment form from your employer; and
- A letter of recommendation from a peer explaining your eligibility and commitment.
Open Membership: Open to member contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, and professional associates that have a minimum of 2-5 years of experience in the construction industry. CLC Members must be nominated by a supervisor.
Yearly Commitment of Steering Committee: 6 Meetings and contribution to all CLC Endorsed Functions
Yearly Commitment of the Council Members: 4 Meetings (Quarterly)
Annual CLC Endorsed Functions, Activities & Events:
• Hard Hat Tours of High Profile Projects – 2 per year. These tours will end with a networking social.
• CLC Sponsored Networking Events – 2 per year
• Community Service Events or Sponsorships – 2 Per Year
• Educational Programs – 3 per year
• Coordinated Cooperative Networking Event – 1 per year
• Mentor/University Program – 1 per year
The CLC is also a forum that performs the below:
• To be an open opportunity to exchange ideas
• To be an entry vehicle into the GBCA / AGC to promote new member involvement
• To foster a strong network among peers
• To create a foundation for future development of the industry
• To discuss the most important issues and provide feedback to GBCA leadership
• To provide leadership skills
• To provide a mentoring program with established officers and committee members
• To structure GBCA / AGC and the construction industry for the coming centuries
• To network with similar organizations in the industry
For more information and to be added to the CLC mailing list, contact Lauren Tosti, email@example.com
Connect with the National CLC
Join the AGC CLC listserve to receive Leadership-LINK, the AGC CLC newsletter; announcements; and information about upcoming events. To join the listserve, login or create an AGC profile and check off the Construction Leadership Council eforum box.