- Posted in GBCA News
Oliver Fire Protection & Security is hiring!
Oliver Fire Protection and Security is a successful, diversified, family owned business serving the fire protection community since 1957. Oliver Fire Protection & Security has a well distinguished history of a fire protection within the Philadelphia region. Our core values respect our employees’ worth and contributions, emphasize teamwork and offer opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Position: Executive Assistant/Corporate Marketing
- Minimum two years of experience assisting C-level executive
- College degree preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (outlook, word, excel and power-point)
- Strong in organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Work for President’s daily executive work
- Office services: phone, printing vendors, etc.
- Sales reports
- Customer engagement activities
- Professionalize print ads for customer events, manage outside design firm
- Digital media content creation and update, weekly posts
- Manage SEO vendor
- Special projects
For more information and to apply, contact Bonnie Mecaughey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position: Sprinkler Design Technician Trainee
We are currently seeking self-motivated, energetic, organized, individuals who have the maturity and desire to learn and prosper in a lifelong career as a fire sprinkler technician. He/she must be hard working and professional with excellent verbal and written communication skills. We work in a strong customer-oriented environment so prioritization skills and initiative are a must. He/she must also possess the ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
Paid hands on design training for 2 to 3 weeks per month over an approximate 4 month period, in a controlled classroom environment with an instructor. All remaining time individual is applying what was learned in training working as design apprentice with a senior designer.
The following will be covered in training and will become full time responsibilities:
- Review construction contract documents and coordinate with sub‐contractors and General Contractor/owner to gather the required information to design the project’s sprinkler system through use of analytical thinking and problem solving, determine construction feasibility and systems possibilities
- Create detailed drawings through extensive use of AutoCAD, HydraCAD, Revit and Navisworks software programs
- Create stock list for all material utilizing Hydralist software that is required for each project(s)
- Perform hydraulic calculations utilizing Hydracalc software when required for projects
- Develop initial schedules for preliminary project work
- Maintain design records for future use
- Develop positive and ongoing relationships with customers to ensure company is meeting customers’ expectations
- Coordinate and communicate with other departments within office to ensure proper handover of job information
- Perform Project Manager/assistant Project Manager functions, as required for small and/or large projects
- Complete other assigned responsibilities as directed by immediate supervisor or other Oliver management personnel
- Construction Management, Engineering or applicable degree from a technical school or college is preferred
- AutoCAD experience preferred but not required
- Proven ability and track record of performing work in a timely manner and meeting deadlines
- Must be detail‐oriented
- Good communication skills
- Ability to coordinate and work well with others
- Good math skills including, but not limited to, architectural units, fractions, geometry, and basic trigonometry
To apply, contact and send your resume to Scott Chambers at email@example.com.
Position: Inspection Scheduler - Inspections Department
Primary Objectives of Position:
- Daily scheduling inspectors for fire sprinkler and alarms.
- Backfill unplanned vacancies of shifts or cancellations to ensure inspectors schedules are full.
- Providing excellent customer service to large client base.
- Convey effectively via email and phone to customers and coworkers.
- Problem solve daily challenges quickly and effectively.
- Order required equipment delivery and returns for field personnel.
- Assist with the upkeep of the Oliver fleet.
- Job will also require cross training with the other administrative responsibilities within the inspections department.
Education and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required: Associates or Bachelors’ degree preferred
- 2 years of customer service or scheduling experience preferred
- Proficient skill with MS Office software
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent phone and email skills
- Excellent verbal communication
Oliver Fire Protection offers a competitive compensation package including; Salary, Comprehensive Benefits Package including; Medical, Dental, Life, LTD, Profit sharing program.
For more information and to apply, contact Matt Haines at firstname.lastname@example.org.