GBCA EVENT POLICIES
Reviewed annually. Revised June 28, 2023.
For the purposes of the following policies: “GBCA” means the General Building Contractors Association; “Event” means any meeting, conference, training, or other event that GBCA organizes and conducts; and “Registrant” means any individual who is registered to attend an Event or who attends an Event.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Registrants agree to abide by the following while attending an Event:
- To treat all GBCA employees, venue employees, presenters, sponsors, vendors, and all other Event attendees with courtesy and respect. At a minimum, this means that Registrant will refrain from any bullying, harassing, and other offensive conduct, whether physical or verbal, that creates a hostile environment. Examples include any inappropriate or unwelcome touching and any disparaging remarks pertaining to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, disability, citizenship status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
- To comply with GBCA’s antitrust policy. At a minimum, this means that Registrants will refrain from any discussion or other conduct that would even imply an agreement with others on any of the following: how your company will price its work in the future (including any pricing methods, discounts or rebates); the owners, subcontractors and suppliers with whom your company will do business; the markets in which your company will compete; or the compensation that your company will provide to its employees.
- To refrain from taking photographs or making video or audio recordings during Event sessions without obtaining GBCA’s prior written permission.
- To obey all applicable laws and venue policies.
- To avoid disruptive noise and behavior. At a minimum, this means that Registrant will silence mobile devices for the duration of each Event session, conduct any side conversations outside Event session rooms, and refrain from disorderly behavior resulting from drug or alcohol use.
- To be mindful of the safety of others and to report any dangerous situations that Registrants observe to GBCA, venue staff, or other appropriate authority.
If GBCA observes or receives reports that a Registrant has failed to abide by the above, then GBCA may take whatever actions it deems appropriate. For example, GBCA may require a Registrant to leave the event without a refund, notify a Registrant’s employer, and/or prohibit a Registrant from attending future GBCA events.
Registrants consent to be photographed and recorded (video or audio) while attending GBCA Events, and to allow GBCA to include photographs or recordings of Registrants in GBCA’s promotional and archival materials, without payment of any kind. This consent does not include consent for GBCA to record a presentation if the presenter has executed a speaker agreement that expressly excludes such consent.
Each Event is subject to its own registration cancellation and refund policy. In general, the deadline to receive a refund for a GBCA Event is (7) seven business days before the event. Cancellations received after the stated deadline will not be eligible for a refund. Each event may have specific or different registration cancellation policies in place. Please consult the Event website, marketing materials, or GBCA staff for possible and applicable changes to the registration cancellation policy. Contact the GBCA staff person noted on an Event’s website to inquire about the applicable policy.
In the event that GBCA cancels an Event due to an occurrence or situation outside its reasonable control (a “Force Majeure Occurrence”), GBCA will not be responsible for refunding registration fees or reimbursing Registrants’ expenses. This also applies to Event sponsors. A Force Majeure Occurrence includes, but is not limited to, an act of God, disaster, fire, war or threat of war, terrorism or threat of terrorism, civil disorder, threat to public health or safety, curtailment of transportation facilities, labor dispute, government regulation, government shut-down, and executive order.