Construction Leadership Council
Become a Future Leader!
The Construction Leadership Council (CLC) was established to fulfill the need to cultivate the next generation of leaders in the construction industry as well as the association both at the local and national levels.
What do you get when you join the CLC?
First and foremost: Involvement in the CLC is completely FREE! Membership in the CLC is a win-win-win situation. GBCA wins by being able to fulfill its mission of assisting and educating its members to the max. CLC member companies are the biggest winners of all: Members may assign as many of their employees as they wish to participate at the low cost CLC events and training. One important key to surviving in today’s economic climate is having a well-educated staff that is confident that the company they work for cares about them. Knowledge is power – strength, ability, and potential.
Service – Education – Networking – Leadership
It is critical that the young professionals of the membership within GBCA develop into the future leaders of our industry, community and our association. Through education, networking and service each member of the CLC will grow to understand that construction starts with building relationships. Our goal is to develop the future leadership of GBCA that will continue to construct an industry that becomes safer and more productive.
The CLC is a group of young construction professionals (primarily individuals aged 40 and younger) who are committed to maintaining, improving and promoting the construction industry and our association through education, networking and service. The CLC will promote the mission of the GBCA while building the future foundation for our association, industry and leadership.
The CLC is a forum that allows emerging construction professionals to,
- Become engaged in GBCA, including with its leadership, other committees, and events
- Create a strong network of industry peers
- Develop professional and leadership skills
- Contribute to Philadelphia’s communities
Who Should Join?
Open Membership: Open to all GBCA members: contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, and professional associates. At-large members should be no more than 40 years of age OR are employed by an Active or Associate member company and in the construction industry for less than 3 years (at time of application). All emerging construction leaders are encouraged to join in order to contribute thought leadership and direction for the future of the union construction industry. CLC events are open to anyone (regardless of age or position in the industry) who see value in the event topic or activity.
4 meetings, additional Officers’ meetings (as needed), and participation in organizing CLC events and activities
4 meetings (quarterly). Those interested in becoming Officers should also attend and participate in CLC events and activities.
Structure of the CLC
The CLC is designed for young and emerging construction professionals. The CLC is made up of At-Large Members and Officers. Membership into the CLC is considered on a rolling basis and renewed annually each calendar year. Officers serve two year terms and are selected by the CLC Chair and other Officers. CLC membership is subject to approval by GBCA, and Officers’ appointments are subject to approval by GBCA’s Board Chair.
The CLC meets 4 times per year. Throughout the year, the CLC also hosts networking events, professional development workshops, community service activities, and mentorship activities with local construction students.
- Christina Pasquariello, Bittenbender Construction, LP, (CLC Chair, GBCA Membership Committee member)
- Mary Kate Radomski, Frank V. Radomski & Sons, (CLC Immediate Past Chair, GBCA Government Affairs Committee member)
- Andrew Baumgardner, Guthrie Glass & Metal, Inc.
- Christopher Jaccino, LF Driscoll
- Sean O’Leary, Floodproofing.com (AIA/GBCA Joint Committee member)
- Ray Prince, Madison Risk Group LLC
- Gene Rose, Jr., Armor Masonry Restoration, Inc., (GBCA Safety Committee member)
- Jennifer Sabia, D.M. Sabia & Co., Inc. (GBCA Education Committee member)
If you’re interested in joining the CLC, submit the following:
- The member application form; and
- A signed commitment form from your employer
For more information, contact Meg Ginsberg at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Examples of CLC Activities & Events:
- Hard Hat Tours of Active Construction Projects. These tours will end with a networking social.
- CLC Networking Events and Cooperative Networking Events.
- Community Service Activities or Sponsorships.
- Educational & Professional Development Workshops and Programs.
- Mentorship & University Program Activities.
Connect with the National CLC
Join the AGC CLC listserve to receive Leadership-LINK, the AGC CLC newsletter; announcements; and information about upcoming events. To join the listserve, login or create an AGC profile and check off the Construction Leadership Council eforum box.