At the 2019 conference in St. Louis, BIMForum is looking to highlight case studies of how the building community is driving quantitative and qualitative outcomes through the development of model-centric workflows that address the entire design-build-operate continuum.
Topics of interest include:
- Model-centric workflows, model reliability, less reliance on drawings
- The scalability of BIM to address project delivery models beyond Design-Bid-Build, such as Design-Build, Design Assist and IPD
- Legal challenges of BIM, what went wrong?
- Advances in BIM contract language
- Implementation of BIM Execution Plans
- Standards for the use of BIM and data throughout the lifecycle of projects
- Owners leveraging LOD to define deliverables
- Best practices for laser scanning and reality capture in building documentation
- Peer-reviewed research specifically addressing results of BIM use and/or the BIMForum LOD Specification
- Value in leveraging IFC and open standards
Submit your proposal by Jan. 31!