On March 15th, representatives from GBCA and members of the Carpenters Apprentice School met with elected officials from the PA State Senate Labor & Industry Committee and the Senate Education Committee (see below for list of attendees). Charles Brock led the group on a tour of the Carpenters Apprentice School’s expansive training facilities.
During lunch, the group discussed ways to further build upon the successes of the apprenticeship program. The Committee members were impressed with the level of Labor-Management collaboration required to develop a skilled workforce.
- Phil Radomski of Frank V. Radomski & Sons, Inc., Board Member and Government Affairs Committee Chair
- Joe Clearkin of James J. Clearkin, Inc., Senior Vice Chairman of the Board
PA State Senate Labor & Industry Committee
- Senator Kim Ward, Chair
- Senator Christine Tartaglione, Minority Chair
- Senator John Sabatina Jr., Member
PA State Senate Education Committee
- Andrew Dinniman, Minority Chair