EDA Contractors, Inc. is looking for a passionate, engaged Safety Director to be its leader in ensuring every employee within the organization observes and adheres to all company health and safety policies and procedures. He/She will be responsible for mindfully enhancing and/or updating existing policies that will exemplify our ongoing resolve to maintain a safe workplace for all.
As EDA’s Safety Director, he/she will require dedicated attention to detail with identify hazards and/or evaluate opportunities for improvement. He/She will execute various proactive safety programs and invite a unified commitment of observance from all staff. The ability to effectively communicate expectations and openly welcome constructive feedback is essential.
- Has working knowledge of the OSHA construction standards and is OSHA 30 qualified.
- Responsible for developing, revising, and enforcing the company Safety Program and Policies.
- Assist with quality control on the jobsites; inspect for quality in relation to housekeeping and professionalism on the jobsite.
- Provide leadership in the transformation of a safety culture based on employee involvement and engagement.
- Work with field management to develop safety goals at the start of each new project.
- Develop and oversee safety orientation for company personnel on each job and with all new hires.
- Provide training to field staff to ensure current knowledge and practices are up to date.
- Plan and implement programs as needed to train managers and employees with construction standards that pertain to scope of work.
- Manage the agenda and program of the company Safety Committee.
- Conduct safety audits at active jobsites on a weekly basis; review results with site foremen to initiate immediate corrective action.
- Investigate all accidents and “near misses” to establish corrective actions and controls.
- Maintain the OSHA 300 Log / 300A Summary Log for each calendar year.
- Participate in all OSHA site visits.
- Analyze safety related issues and concerns, incident investigations, and trends to recommend corrective course of action to prevent recurrence.
- Measure, audit, elevate, and improve the effectiveness of a safety program.
- Facilitate root cause analysis and closure of corrective actions.
- Conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention.
- Plan and implement programs to train managers and employees in work site safety practices, safe equipment operating techniques, and fire prevention for jobsites and office.
- Provide training and education to all levels of staff as required by Federal and State Safety Regulations, and maintain training records in employee files.
- Represent the organization in community and/or industry safety groups and programs.
- Maintain a professional work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner to ensure positive relationships with clients, subcontractors, co-workers, and management.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the commercial construction industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety Management / Occupational Health.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST).
Job Type: Full-time
For more information, or to email your resume and cover letter indicating salary requirements, please email Scott Spicher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About EDA Contractors
EDA Contractors specializes on the exterior envelope of all commercial, institutional, and industrial buildings. Our exterior envelope includes Wall Panels and Accessories, Roofing, Waterproofing, Air and Vapor Barriers, Vegetative Roof systems and Masonry. We concentrate on these disciplines in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, New York and Maryland.