Graboyes Commercial Window Company is hiring!
Position Title: Construction Technology Specialist
A construction technology specialist uses technology to help generate and communicate designs and installation requirements for complex construction projects. These designs and installation requirements may be communicated using 2D images, a process known as surface modeling, or 3D images, or solid modeling, or BIM (building information modeling). Construction technology specialists should have strong computer skills and extensive knowledge of design software.
Communication is also an essential part of complex construction projects. Using the computer-generated plans, written correspondence, and verbal communication, a construction technology specialist works with clients, team members, and departments to set timelines and budgets and assist in making decisions regarding materials, workforce, means, and methods that will be used to complete the project.
Construction technology specialist responsibilities:
- Use software to create detailed 2D or 3D designs for complex projects.
- Collaborate with others to establish timelines and budgets, as well as solve problems.
- Knowledge of industry, engineering, math, and materials.
- Ability to analyze data and situation and come up with creative solutions.
- Keep up to date on industry and engineering standards.
- Construction technology specialist requirements:
- An Associates Degree or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of the company’s preferred software.
- Ability to make decisions based on designs.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with others to solve problems.
- Firm grasp of mathematics, engineering, and industry information.
- Some occasional travel may be required.
Company benefits include:
- Group health, vision, and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- 401 (k) retirement plan with employer match
- Career development opportunities
- Paid holidays, vacations, and personal time off
- Flexible workday scheduling
- Employee assistance plan
- Fitness room
- Early closing (3 p.m.) on Fridays
Resumes may be sent to email@example.com.
About Graboyes Commercial Window Company
Graboyes Commercial Window Company is an MBE-certified US Top-50 glazing firm and a trusted leader in commercial/ architectural window installation, having contributed to the diverse built environment of Greater Philadelphia and the surrounding region for more than thirty years. From our NACC-verified safety and quality control programs to our position as a preferred union employer and a specialist in commercial window replacement and architectural glazing, we excel at providing a seamlessly integrated window system solution under the direction of our own skilled management team. We also install interior glass office partitions, unitized and timber-frame curtainwall solutions, high-performance storefront solutions, and exterior and interior window coverings and controls. We’re gratified to serve as a corporate sponsor for the Philadelphia 2030 District.