Kelly Writers House has gotten a renovation that brings its event space into the 21st Century.
Located on the University of Pennsylvania’s campus, it was built in 1851 as a residence for the University chaplain. In 1997, the building was renovated and named Kelly Writers House, a center for writers in Philadelphia.
In 2018, Kelly Writers House was renovated to expand the Arts Café space, the front parlor where many public events are held. This renovation not only increased the amount of space in the room, but it also made the room more usable and technologically current. The renovation also maintains the building’s historic integrity and Gothic style.
GBCA member Murphy Quigley Company, Inc. served as the General Contractor for the renovation project.
Other GBCA members that worked on the project include the following:
Read more about the Kelly Writers House and the renovation project:
Photo Credit: Eric Sucar