- June 12: Summer reading program kicked off at the Free Library of Philadelphia. Learn more here.
- June 13: The Commonwealth Court upheld the Court of Common Pleas ruling that the Philadelphia Beverage Tax, which will generate funds to help pay the debt service on Rebuild bonds, is lawful. Read more here.
- June 21: Philadelphia Parks and Recreation pools began to open. Find your local pool, here. Read more about the excitement pool season brings here.
- June 22: City Council passed the Rebuild Ordinance, bringing the improvements to parks, recreation centers and libraries one step closer to starting! Read more here.
- June 27: Mayor Kenney and the Building Trades Council signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) committing to diversity and inclusion plans and goals and supporting the City’s apprentice-ready program called PHL Pipeline. Learn more about PHL Pipeline and other new workforce development programs aimed at increasing diversity in the trades here.
- June 28: Mayor Kenney, joined by members of City Council who were integral to Rebuild’s passage, signed the ordinance that allows the city to transform parks, rec centers and libraries.
- Rebuild in the News: PlanPhilly; Inquirer; Daily News; Inquirer; PlanPhilly.
You can follow Rebuild’s journey on social media using #RebuildPHL.
Share This Article, Choose Your Platform!