March 3-9, 2019 is Women in Construction (WIC) Week, a week-long celebration of women in the industry organized by the National Association of Women in Construction (NAWIC). GBCA is proud to support the women working for our member firms!
The focus of WIC Week is to highlight women as a visible component of the construction industry. WIC Week also provides an occasion to raise awareness of the opportunities available for women in the construction industry and to emphasize the growing role of women in the industry. Do you have a rising female within your firm? Contact Byron Lee at email@example.com to tell her story, and GBCA will highlight her during WIC Week!
Below are some ways you can participate is spreading awareness and showing your support:
- Promote your support of Women in Construction Week 2019
- Highlight female employees on your firm’s social media outlets
- Share your female employees’ success stories with GBCA
- Support a local high school or university with jobsite tours or STEM activities to encourage young women to pursue careers in construction
- Encourage your employees to a “Bring a Young Women to Work Day”
- Recognize tradeswomen working on your jobsites with breakfast, lunch, or coffee/donuts
Click below for more information, or ideas on how to celebrate WIC Week:
If your company is celebrating WIC Week, let us know! Email the information to Byron Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org.