The Carpenters’ Company of the City and County of Philadelphia formed in 1724. They are the nation’s oldest trade guild which now consists of the region’s leading architects, builders, and engineers. Their mission is to preserve Carpenters’ Hall in Old City, Philadelphia, which was the site of the First Continental Congress in 1774, and to nurture the next generation of building professionals. Robert T. MacIntosh, P.E. of MacIntosh Engineering is Company President, and Michael Norris is Executive Director.
The Company will celebrate its 300th anniversary in 2024. They are preparing for a major preservation project to get ready for this milestone and have launched The Campaign 300 to fund this work.