In April 2021, the Philadelphia Business Journal has spotlighted the efforts of GBCA and its partners to encourage middle and high school students to consider careers in the construction industry.
The article features quotes from leaders and members of Philadelphia’s construction industry, including:
- Michael Armento, Senior Vice President, Torcon, Inc.
- Angela Hendrix, Director of Training and Workforce Development, GBCA
- Gabby Carruth, Carpentry Apprentice, Frank V. Radomski & Sons, Inc.
- Angelina Perryman, Vice President of Administration, Perryman Building and Construction Services, Inc.
- Melissa Raffel, Affiliate Director, ACE Mentor Program of Greater Philadelphia
From the Philadelphia Business Journal:
Fundamental to helping the rising generations of talent build rewarding careers in construction is also acknowledging there’s not just one path into the industry. To support aspiring professionals coming from all walks of life, GBCA and many of its individual members partner with educational institutions that share a common mission to open the doors of opportunity in the industry.