On Friday, February 14, 2020, Healy Long and Jevin, Inc. (HLJ) was honored with the Delaware Warrior Friendly Business Award. The award recognizes businesses’ efforts to support service members, veterans, and their family members through workplace initiatives. The Joint Military Affairs Committee (Delaware State Chamber of Commerce, New Castle County Chamber of Commerce) and the Central Delaware Chamber of Commerce’s Military Affairs Committee established the award.
HLJ was recognized for its efforts to recruit service members and veterans, as well as create meaningful career opportunities in construction:
- Creating job postings for the Military Job Boards at the Dover Airforce Base and the Delaware Air National Guard in New Castle, DE.
- Posting positions in project management and operations management, and recognizing skills transfer—such as problem solving—from military service.
- Creating internal training programs leading service members and veterans to either trades apprenticeships or construction management.
- Promoting hiring veterans through trades and building associations.
- Encouraging clients to hire veterans on major projects, such as the Boeing Plant project built by Skanska USA Building.
Congratulations, Healy Long & Jevin, and thank you for your efforts to help service members and veterans have meaningful civilian careers in construction!
Pictured above (L-R in first photo): Bill Melis, John (Sean) Healy, John (Jack) Healy. Bill is a 12-year Airforce Veteran specializing in setting up forward operating bases and is now HLJ’s Shop and Logistics Manager. Sean is an Honorary Commander of the 512 Mission Support Group of the Dover Air Force Base.