We are hiring! GBCA is looking for a talented individual to join our team as an Industry Relations Associate.
Industry Relations Associate
Job Description (brief summary)
The Industry Relations Associate will primarily support the various programs, projects, and initiatives that are managed by the Director of Industry Relations.
The Industry Relations Associate will provide administrative support for the Government Affairs committee, the Political Action committee, the Diversity Equity & Inclusion committee, and the Labor Policy Committee. Tasks may include, but are not limited to: survey creation/dissemination, preparation of meeting agendas and minutes, preparing/circulating supplemental materials, coordination of meeting location/date/time, maintaining committee member lists and updating database, preparing committee appointment letters, ordering catering, and communication with committee members as needed.
The Industry Relations Associate will provide event and meeting support as needed. Tasks may include, but are not limited to: coordinating event logistics, securing speakers, ordering catering, venue set-up/clean-up, coordinating with service providers including A/V, creating program materials and agendas, achieving attendance and revenue goals, budget tracking, monitoring registrations, and communicating with attendees.
Required Skills, Education, and Experience (brief summary)
- Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of relevant work experience.
- Seeking someone highly organized, detail-oriented, and pro-active who can manage multiple projects and prioritize responsibilities. Good time management skills are required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills required – intermediate or better knowledge of computers including MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Database utilization experience and high comfort with mobile applications are a plus.
- Ability to work independently, anticipate needs, and work collaboratively, as needed.
Click below to download the full job description:
To apply, send the following to Lance Claiborne, Director of Industry Relations, by clicking below.
- Cover letter
- Names/contact information for four professional references (2 past direct reports, 1 peer or customer, 1 subordinate – if applicable)