Premier Building Restoration, Inc. is looking for a new Superintendent to join its team!
Start Date: July 2020
Premier Building Restoration, Inc. is a Historic Masonry Restoration and Waterproofing Company located in Erdenheim, PA that serves the Greater Philadelphia area. Premier Building Restoration, Inc (PBR) is currently seeking a Superintendent at full time status. Please review the Job Summary and Description of Position before applying. Premier Building Restoration, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages those that meet the job qualifications to apply.
The Superintendent will lead and oversee all aspects of on-site construction, and lead all work on project sites. Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) managing schedule with Project Managers, coordinating with subcontractors, tracking equipment and materials on site, complying with Safety Standards as set forth by PBR Safety Director and OSHA Regulations, and ensuring the mission and vision of Premier Building Restoration with quality, safety, and professionalism.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities of Superintendent:
- Schedule manpower and team, engineers, consultants, and vendors in a critical path to ensure timely completion
- Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being performed
- Communicate with project team regarding RFI’s, material submittals, and change orders
- Ensure that manpower is fully executing and complying with the contracted scope of work
- Coordinate required inspections
- Identify labor/subcontractor non-compliance with safety, health, and environmental quality standards
- Identify conflicts in construction progress and communicate them to the project management team for resolution.
- Maintain daily log (written) of activities on the jobsite
- Manage multiple job sites
- Ensure subcontractor has corrected all deficiencies identified by project team
- Walk all equipment and material on projects daily to monitor activities and assist in future planning
- Preside over weekly foreman meetings designed to coordinate the work and reinforce project goals
- Ensure that the job site is always kept in a clean and organized manner.
- Perform job progress and completion punch list identification
- Assist in budgeting, bidding, and award of subcontracts
- Attend pre-bid, descope, and project assessment meetings as needed
- Gather project material submittals and maintain records of approvals at the job-site
- Identify possible work outside of contracted scope
- Preside at pre-construction meeting with each subcontractor
- Opening the job sites at the beginning of the work day and securing the job sites at the end of the day
- Assist in hiring sub-tier employees
- Minimum of 5 years experience in construction
- Minimum of 3 years experience in masonry and waterproofing industry
- OSHA 10 Certification
- Office experience of Master Builder (or equivalent), Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Project & Outlook)
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, blue prints, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and communicate effectively with office support staff.
- Ability to speak professionally before client(s) and employees of the organization.
- Ability to physically lift 100 pounds
- Valid Driver’s License
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- OSHA 30 Certification, Swing Stage Scaffold Certification, High Reach Operator Certification
- Provide direction to and resolve problems amongst subcontractors and vendors
- Ability to identify deficient work and provide resolution
- Historic Restoration Certificate provided by I.M.I.
- Endurance and ability to visit the entire job site, including stair swings, scaffold, high reaches or other elevated structures
Job Type: Full-time
- Salary: $60,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year