Torcon, Inc. is looking for a talented individual to join its team as a Business Development Director.
Business Development Director
Torcon is currently seeking a Business Development Director to join our Philadelphia/South Jersey area office located in the Philadelphia Navy Yard. Our CM/GC practice includes over 230 professionals with diverse backgrounds and is recognized as a Northeast region leader in construction of healthcare, higher education, pharmaceutical and corporate projects. This position is for an outside person with an existing network of industry relationships.
Working closely with the SVP, Project Executive and Preconstruction Director, the Business Development Director will maintain and grow a project opportunity pipeline for related projects, and existing client relationships.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Researching new business prospects and tracking leads.
- Identifying target markets and clients in alignment with the firm’s strategic plan.
- Coordinating the go/no-go decision-making process and providing overviews of each opportunity.
- Helping cultivate relationships with potential clients.
- Developing and maintaining contacts with architectural, engineering, and owner’s rep’ consultants.
- Tracking and reporting business development activity.
- Aligning colleagues’ ongoing publicity and proposal efforts with networking opportunities.
- Supporting project proposals and interviews when needed. Proposals and presentations are prepared by the marketing department.
- Position proposal teams for success by providing critical insight and perspective regarding client’s focus, needs, drivers, concerns, potential value-add etc.
- Work to proactively identify and position Torcon for upcoming projects and opportunities.
- Support and foster business objectives and key results.
- Provide direction and leadership for furthering Torcon’ s position