On July 9, 2019, the AIA/GBCA Joint Committee and COAA (Construction Owners Association of America) hosted a joint event about Women in Leadership Roles in Architecture, Engineering, and Construction. The panel discussed how the building industry has changed for women, and the roles they played in shaping today’s industry. One main takeaway was the importance of mentorship: Strong role models and guides lead to stronger networks and opportunities.
Thanks to all who came, and to the panel of speakers:
- Marie Barajas, CHC, Project Director, LF Driscoll
- Daniela Holt Voith, FAIA, IIDA, LEED AP BD+C, Founding Principal, Voith & Mactavish Architects, LLP
- Denise Richards, PE, Principal, Keast & Hood Structural Engineers
- Maureen Ward, AIA, Senior Director, Facilities Planning and Space Management, University of Pennsylvania, Perelman School of Medicine
- Moderator: Trish Harrington, Director of Business Development, LF Driscoll