Founded by Angelo Trevisan in 1902, Roman Mosaic and Tile is the oldest terrazzo firm in the US with continuous family ownership. The company has established a reputation of quality installations in tile, terrazzo, and marble.
Roman Mosaic and Tile Company is headquartered in West Chester, PA, and operates branch offices in Manheim, PA and Linthicum, MD.
A. John Trevisan, Angelo’s son, pioneered the use of thin-set epoxy terrazzo in late 1960’s. This new thin-set system propelled the company into installations in the pharmaceutical industry, schools, hospitals, and airports. This new “Terrazzo in a bucket” is now responsible for over 90% of the terrazzo industry.
Our most famous job, The Pentagon, was awarded to Angelo by John McShane in 1941 for the tile, terrazzo, and slate. He then directed his son, John to move to DC and he completed the project in 1943. The third generation John, Paul and David Trevisan, was awarded the epoxy terrazzo for the Pentagon renovation in 2000 and competed over 845,000 square feet of terrazzo in March 2011. Michael Trevisan, fourth generation, was superintendent of Wedge 4 +5.
Current officers are John A. Trevisan, Paul T. Trevisan, Michael Trevisan, and Kevin Trevisan.