The Herman Goldner Co. has been in business since 1887, 129 years of continuous service to their clients in the Greater Delaware Valley. Herman Goldner Co. is a full service mechanical contractor providing HVAC and Plumbing Construction and Service including: Design/Build Projects; Sanitary Process Piping; Plumbing Services including domestic water backflow containment systems, video pipe location and inspection, drain and sewer cleaning services; Building Automation Systems; Specialized Services including centrifugal chillers, absorption chillers, natural gas engine driven chillers, boiler/burner service and non-destructive testing; and Mechanical Services with over 60 trucks providing service and maintenance 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The company has committed itself to providing quality craftsmanship with an emphasis on customer service. Meeting the needs of their customers is paramount within their organization.
Some Goldner clients include Merck, Virtua Hospital, Drexel University, University of Pennsylvania, Citizens Bank Park, and the Wells Fargo Center, with recent construction projects including the Latter Day Saints Temple and the Museum of American Revolution.
The Fundamental concepts of Integrity, Service and Quality drove Herman J. Goldner to develop his business in a Philadelphia basement in 1887. He delivered his supplies in a wheelbarrow and on a horse drawn cart. His principles of courtesy, integrity and service became a recognized trade mark and remained as a heritage for the successful business that followed.
The company moved from the Hancock Street basement to 425 W. Lehigh Ave and in 1919 was incorporated in the State of Pennsylvania.
In 1929, after the death of Herman J. Goldner, Roy J. Goldner, his oldest son, succeeded him and continued to build the business, guiding the firm through the Great Depression until his sudden death in 1943. At that time, Herman W. Goldner, youngest son of the founder, assumed leadership of the company.
Continued expansion and growth necessitated a move to a larger facility on Hunting Park Avenue in 1964. A new facility was opened in 1979 combining all operations at 7777 Brewster Avenue, Philadelphia on 12 acres of ground and comprising over 100,000 square feet of office, warehouse, fabrication, and pipe storage space.
In 1995, Herman E. Goldner was elected to position of Chief Executive Officer and Gerard C. Goldner was elected to position of President. Also in 1995, the company expanded at Brewster Avenue by building a 10,000 square foot state of the art office facility designated the Technical Center. This building houses the Construction Planning and Computer Aided Drafting Group and the Mechanical Services and Building Automations Group.
In July 2000, Gerard C. Goldner assumed the role of CEO and Stephen J. Williams, a former Division Manager and Vice President, was appointed President/COO of the corporation. In June of 2008, Gerard C. Goldner retired and Herman W. Goldner (fourth generation) assumed the position of CEO.
The Herman Goldner Co. continues to build upon its legacy of service, quality, and integrity.