On November 16, 2018, CREW (Commercial Real Estate Women) Philadelphia held its 20th Annual Fall Luncheon. The luncheon was attended by over 800 people, and was held at the Pennsylvania Convention Center. GBCA was proud to sponsor and attend this event, hosted by an organization that represents women in commercial real estate. The event was attended by representatives of many industries, including real estate, construction, development, architecture, engineering, housing services, and more.
The luncheon honored recipients of CREW Philadelphia’s Scholarships, CREW Philadelphia Chapter Awards, CREW Philadelphia’s Philanthropic Partner, and 20 women who have impacted and changed Philadelphia’s landscape.
Several GBCA Members were honored at the Luncheon:
Member to Member Business Award
Recipient: Jessica Thornton of Wick Fisher White
This award recognizes Jessica’s consistent efforts to partner with other CREW members on projects, and to refer and connect others with the CREW Network.
Community Impact Award
Recipient: The Linode Corporate Headquarters Relocation Project
When Linode, a fast-growing cloud-hosting company founded by Chris Aker, decided to move its Headquarters to Philadelphia, they turned to the expertise of CREW Philadelphia member firms to assist with the design, fit-out and restoration of their new offices in Old City. CREW Philadelphia architectural firm, Ballinger, gathered a team that included CREW member firms: lighting consultant, The Lighting Practice; site engineer Dawood Engineering; and general contractor, C. Erickson & Sons to revive the historic Old City landmark at 3rd & Arch Street (once home to MTV’s Real World Philadelphia) into Linode’s new, contemporary offices and bring more than 150 jobs to Philadelphia.
The award was accepted by the following individuals:
- Fon Wang, Ballinger(CREW Member)
- Chris Aker, Linode
- Andreina Hein, C. Erickson and Sons, Inc. (CREW Member & GBCA Member)
- Darcy Veneziale, The Lighting Practice (CREW Member)
- Lori Ware, Dawood Engineering (CREW Member)
20 Honored Women
To celebrate its 20th Fall Luncheon, CREW Philadelphia honored 20 women who have shaped and impacted Philadelphia’s landscape (Honorees listed alphabetically, GBCA Member Companies in bold):
- Anne Cummins – Liberty Property Trust
- Anne Fadullon – City of Philadelphia
- Anne Papageorge – University of Pennsylvania
- Chellie Cameron – PHL (Philadelphia International Airport)
- Emily Bittenbender – Bittenbender Construction
- Fon Wang – Ballinger
- Hether Smith – Savills Studley
- Jane Golden – Mural Arts Philadelphia
- Joan Rosoff – White and Williams, LP
- Joan Waters – Cofco
- JoAnn Magnatta – Main Line Health
- Leslie Richards – PennDot
- Maria Gonzales – Hispanic Association of Contractors and Enterprises
- Maura Hesdon – Shoemaker Construction Co.
- Prema Gupta – PIDC
- Sarah Peck – Progressive Housing Ventures
- Shari Reams – PNC Bank
- Sr. Mary Scullion – Project HOME
- Suzanne Mayes – Cozen O’Conner
- Tiffany Millner – ACE Mentorship Program
Award of Philanthropic Partner
Award accepted by Tiffany Millner for the ACE Mentor Program of Greater Philadelphia
The ACE Mentor Program of Greater Philadelphia was selected to receive proceeds from the 2018 Fall Luncheon. While most, if not all of the ACE Mentor teams include young women, ACE Mentor Program of Greater Philadelphia is proud to announce 2 all-women teams for 2018-2019! GBCA works with and supports the ACE Mentor Program of Greater Philadelphia.
Congratulations to all of the 2018 honorees!
About CREW Philadelphia
CREW (Commercial Real Estate Women) Philadelphia is the industry’s premier business networking organization dedicated to supporting the achievements of women in commercial real estate. Its more than 170 local members and 10,000 national members are engaged in all facets of commercial real estate.