GBCA member Clemens Construction Company is hiring! Scroll down to see postings for the following positions: Senior Project Manager, Assistant Project Manager, Superintendent, Office Manager, and Marketing Coordinator.
Senior Project Manager
Clemens is seeking a Senior Project Manager with 10+ years of experience in the construction management industry within the Philadelphia marketplace. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading large profile projects from the preconstruction phase through project completion. Individuals will need to lead a project team and ensure fluid communication between Owners, Architects, Engineers and Subcontractors. Must be able to develop project schedules, site logistics plans, and cost estimates. Candidates must be able to read and evaluate contract terms and conditions and have strong negotiating skills. Typical projects will range from $15,000,000 – $80,000,000. Multi-family apartment renovation and/or new high rise construction experience in an urban environment is preferred.
Assistant Project Manager
Clemens is seeking Assistant Project Managers with 3+ years of experience in the construction management industry within the Philadelphia marketplace. Individuals will work alongside Project Managers and Senior Project Managers to oversee document control in regards to submittals, RFI’s, monthly budget reports, and cost estimates. Candidates will need to understand and read construction documents. Candidates will need a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel & Project and be able to communicate well. Any experience with multi–family apartment renovation experience and/or new construction high rise experience is a plus.
Clemens is seeking a Construction Superintendent accountable for the successful Field Operations of a single project or multiple projects. The successful candidate will be capable of providing on-site management oversight for all phases of construction including daily coordinating of labor and subcontractors, materials and equipment, safety procedures, ensuring that specifications are being followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. As a key face of Clemens, the positons involves frequent coordination with Clemens Project Management, owners, architects/engineers, and consultants. Typical projects will range from $15,000,000 – $80,000,000. Hospitality, multi-family apartment, restoration, renovation and/or new high rise construction experience in an urban environment is preferred.
Clemens is seeking an Office Manager/Project Administrator to join our team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for overseeing daily office operations for our office and project administrative tasks on several large-scale construction projects.
Generate contracts, subcontracts, change orders, purchase orders, etc.; Perform project closeout process and log necessary documents for submission; Assist with field-office project setup coordination; Supervise front office/reception to include mail, overnight services, courier, printing, clerical work and visitor flow.
- Minimum of 2 years working in an office environment for a general contractor/construction firm
- Work in various software programs to assist with Project Management including: MS Office, Viewpoint Vista, Procore, and AIA
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Management/leadership/interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking skills
Clemens is searching for a highly motivated, creative, Marketing Coordinator with experience and a passion for supporting the team in the pursuit of opportunities with current and future customers. The ideal candidate will enjoy working on multiple assignments with defined timelines, goals and metrics and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Proposals | Interview Prep; Data Management; Website Management; Social Media; Collateral Development; Media Management.
Minimum Education and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Fields of study might include: Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Digital Media, Business Administration or similar
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience in the A/E/C industry is preferred but not required.
- Possess very strong writing skills in order to generate original written content for proposals, project pages, resumes, press releases, and social media posts.
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively on multiple stringent deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced proficiency in InDesign and PowerPoint; proficiency in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Proficient with social media tools (Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook)
Interested candidates should submit cover letter, resume and work sample as follows:
- Send a single PDF file to INFO@CLEMENSCONSTRUCTION.COM that includes your cover letter, resume, and a work sample named accordingly: Your Name_ClemensCoordinator.pdf
For the cover letter, please share with us:
- What distinguishes you beyond your experience and the requirements of the position?
- How do your outside interests inform your daily work life, or vice versa?
- How does this position support your professional goals?
For the work sample:
- Limit to ten pages
- If available, provide an example of a proposal (RFP or RFQ response)
About Clemens Construction Company
Clemens Construction Company is a full-service general and carpentry contractor founded in 1979, headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. We have expertise with complex urban infill projects and construction of ground-up commercial, education, hospitality, institutional, multi-family, and more.