CHAD, the nation’s first Charter High School for Architecture + Design, was recently given a non-renewal recommendation by the Charter School Office of the Philadelphia School District.
CHAD has an opportunity to make its case at an upcoming School Reform Commission Meeting this Thursday June 21 at 1pm:
Here’s several important ways you can support CHAD:
SIGN the CHAD PETITION on Change.org! We need parents, supporters, staff and community members to sign this petition calling on the School District to renew CHAD’s charter, and to share with others you know to do the same!
JOIN US in person to show your support at the June 21 hearing at the School District of Philadelphia, 440 North Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA. We will distribute rally signs, t-shirts and directives will be given for verbal/physical response during demonstration and for the hearing.
RSVP in advance by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
WRITE A LETTER: Use the attached letter template and tell us your story about CHAD. Click below to download:
Are you a parent? Alumni of CHAD? Community Supporter? Organization/Non-profit partner?
We need you to give us your story, history or best memory of why you choose CHAD.
SEND your letter to us by email: email@example.com.
SHARE this Call to Action blast on social media to encourage others to support CHAD. Use the hashtag: #saveCHAD
SOCIAL MEDIA: Ask yourself, why the doors of CHAD should remain open & respond.
- Tag the School District of Philadelphia (@PHLSchools) and the Charter School Board on social media in your posts/responses! The more we flood their social timeline the more your voices are being heard.
- Follow CHAD on social media, @CHADphila
- Use the hashtag, #saveCHAD.
- Pictures are always a plus on any post.
- Here’s the School Reform Commission Board names to add into your social media posts: Estelle Richman, Chair; Frances Burns, Member; William J. Green, Member; Marjorie G. Neff, Member.
- Dr. William Hite, Superintendent, Philadelphia School District (@SDPHite)
CALL your local representatives to tell them why you support CHAD. See attached CHAD TALKING POINTS to assist you in communicating CHAD’s mission, what we are doing to address the non-renewal recommendation and why CHAD should remain open. Click below to download the talking points: