The Philadelphia Housing Authority celebrated the dedication of its new headquarters with a ribbon cutting ceremony on Tuesday, January 22. The headquarters, a $45 million, 5-story, 136,000 square foot building at 2013 Ridge Avenue, is part of a larger $500 million project for the Sharswood/Blumberg neighborhood.
The general contractor for the project, which broke ground in June 2017, is a joint venture with Shoemaker Construction Co. and Synterrra Ltd.
Other GBCA Members working on the project include the following:
The Ribbon Cutting Ceremony was attended by several city and state officials, Labor, and PHA leaders:
- Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney
- City Council President Darrell Clarke
- City Councilwoman Jannie Blackwell
- PA State Representative Donna Bullock
- Congressman Dwight Evans
- Samuel Staten Jr., Business Manager for Laborers International Union of North America, Local 332, PHA Board Commissioner
- Kelvin A. Jeremiah – President and CEO of PHA
- Lynette M. Brown-Sow, Chair, PHA Board Commissioner
- Leslie D. Callahan, PhD, PHA Board Commissioner
- Rev. Bonnie Camarda, PHA Board Commissioner
Read more about the project and the ribbon cutting ceremony: