In commercial construction, trends and issues don’t necessarily change quickly over time. Issues such as labor supply, technology, and automation are frequently on contractors’ minds.
Construction Dive has a list of seven trends that will likely impact the commercial construction industry in 2019. This list includes some topics that are continuing from previous years, and others that are familiar, but are increasing in relevance this year.
Seven Commercial Construction Trends for 2019
- Modular construction heights increasing
- Technology supplementing, not replacing, human workers
- Design-Build’s popularity growing
- Building lean cutting waste in all forms
- More drones take flight
- Private firms leading high-speed rail projects
- Generation Z growing up
Read more about the trends here: