This week, March 3-9, is Women in Construction (WIC) Week 2019!
The focus of WIC Week is to highlight women as a viable component of the construction industry. WIC Week also provides an occasion for NAWIC’s thousands of members across the country to raise awareness of the opportunities available for women in the construction industry and to emphasize the growing role of women in the industry. It is also a time for local chapters to give back to their communities.
March 3 – 9
- Follow NAWIC on social media (@nawicphl on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram) and highlight women in the construction using the tags #NAWIC and #PhillyWICWEEK2019
- Proclamation from City of Philadelphia Mayoral Proclamation by Mayor Jim Kenney
- Jobsite Tour at Jefferson University
- Time: 2:30pm
- Location: The Kay and Harold Ronson Health and Applied Science Center, 3243 W Schoolhouse Lane, Philadelphia, PA 19144
- General Contractor: INTECH Construction
- Jobsite Tour at The Nest at Temple University
- Time: 2:00pm
- Location: 1324 N Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19130
- General Contractor: Ernest Bock & Sons, Inc.
- Concrete Contractor: Healy Long & Jevin
See all of the events!