On March 21, 2020, 6abc Action News Weekend Update spotlighted two workforce development initiatives supported by GBCA. Host Gina Gannon visited the University of Pennsylvania’s New College House West project site, being built by INTECH Construction, to talk to past participants of the Carpenters’ Apprentice Ready Program (CARP) and the Construction Apprentice Preparatory Program (CAPP).
The segment features two carpenter apprentices:
- Jamal Byrd, Lead Instructor and Alumni, CAPP
- Gina Yiantselis, Alumni, CARP
Both Jamal and Gina are currently working on major projects in the city.
Several other GBCA members are working on the New College House West project:
- A.T. Chadwick Company
- BrandSafway Services, LLC
- Carr And Duff, Inc.
- Dan Lepore & Sons Company
- Diversified, Inc.
- EDA Contractors Inc
- Healy Long & Jevin, Inc
- Independence Steel, Inc.
- Mayfield Site Contractors, Inc
- N – Tech Systems, Inc.
- National Glass And Metal Co.
- Philadelphia D&M
- Schnabel Foundation Company
- Southern New Jersey Steel
- Unified Door & Hardware Group