Join representatives from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the Associated General Contractors of America (AGC) to kick-off the 2020 National Safety Stand-Down to prevent Falls in construction. During the session, you will hear remarks from the leaders of OSHA and AGC highlighting the importance of preventing falls in construction as well as contractor members who have taking an innovative approach to raising awareness about the dangers associated with falls in construction.
OSHA/AGC National Falls Stand-Down Kick-Off Event
Date: Monday, September 14, 2020
Time: 3pm – 4pm
Fatalities caused by falls from elevation continue to be a leading cause of death for construction employees, accounting for 320 of the 1,008 construction fatalities recorded in 2018 (BLS data). The National Safety Stand-Down raises fall hazard awareness across the country in an effort to stop fall fatalities and injuries.
- Loren Sweatt, Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary of Labor, Occupational Safety and Health (OSHA)
- Scott C. Ketcham, CSP, Director, Directorate of Construction, OSHA, U.S. DOL
- Stephen Sandherr, Chief Executive Officer, The Associated General Contractors of America
- Mike Greenawalt, Chief Executive Officer, Rosendin Electric
- Moderator: Kevin Cannon, CSP, Senior Director, Safety & Health Services, The Associated General Contractors of America