Women in Nontraditional Careers (WINC) invites Philadelphia‐area tradeswomen to discuss issues facing women in Philadelphia’s construction industry.
WINC Philadelphia-Area Tradeswomen Discussions
Location: Online via video chat
Click below to request the meeting link:
Meetings are for current tradeswomen working in construction, manufacturing and transit, including apprentices and those enrolled in trade schools. Once a month, meetings include a discussion/training topic facilitated by WINC partner, the National Center for Women’s Equity in Apprenticeship and Employment at Chicago Women in Trades. The second monthly gathering will be organized based on tradeswomen’s preferences.
See planned discussion topics below (subject to change)
- August 5, 2020
- Review past discussions on race and gender; plan next steps
- Health & Safety tips and advocacy during COVID‐19, Part 1
- August 19, 2020 – Health & Safety tips and advocacy during COVID‐19, Part 2
- September 2, 2020 – TBD
- September 16, 2020 – Self‐care workshop
- September 30, 2020 – TBD
- October 14, 2020 – Being a mother in the trades during COVID‐19
- October 28, 2020 – TBD
- November 11, 2020 – Plan tradeswomen participation and educational programming for WINC Institute Jan 25‐29, 2021
- November 25, 2020 – No meeting – Happy Thanksgiving!
- December 9, 2020 – Financial how‐to’s and setting financial goals for your year
- January 13, 2021 – TBD
- January 25‐29, 2021J – WINC Institute virtual workshops and tradeswomen stories