If you are committed to increasing women’s participation in construction, manufacturing or transit careers, join the Women in Nontraditional Careers (WINC) for a day of learning, inspiration, and planning. WINC is a project of Philadelphia WORKS, Inc.
Date: Saturday September 14, 2019
Location: Finishing Trades Institute, 2190 Hornig Rd, Philadelphia, PA 19116.
This event is part of the Women in Nontraditional Careers (WINC) Project. REGISTER NOW, SPACE IS LIMITED!
At this event, you will,
- Learn to recruit and support women to be successful in construction, manufacturing and transit careers that are male dominated
- Network with women in nontraditional careers
- Be inspired by the stories of tradeswomen
- Plan future WINC Project activities
Who should attend?
- Tradeswomen: any woman working in construction, manufacturing and transit jobs that are male-dominated
- Educators/Trainers: in the skilled trades and manufacturing
- Apprenticeship directors/coordinators
- Employers/Contractors/Supervisors: in construction, manufacturing and transit industries
- Government, Union, Non-profit and Community Advocates
8:30 Registration and Networking
9:00 Welcome and Tradeswomen’s Stories
9:30 Workshops (3 concurrent sessions)
- Introducing young women to nontraditional career pathways
- Recruiting and retaining women – mentorship and other best practices
- As tradeswomen, tips for navigating conflict or harassment on jobsites
10:45 Presentation: Policy Group on Tradeswomen’s Issues (Boston)
11:30 Lunch and Morning Review
12:30 Tradeswomen Panel
1:15 Strategic Planning Activity