On June 14, the AIA/GBCA Joint Committee, with the PA chapter of COAA (Construction Owners Association of America), hosted An Owner’s Perspective, a panel discussion focusing on owner perspectives from design and construction leadership in both the Healthcare and Education sectors.
After lunch and networking, as well as some short stretching exercises, attendees listened to the panelists’ concerns when approaching development projects. Issues ranged from ensuring safe practices when designing and building clean environments, to thinking about the scope of projects and how the state of the construction industry can and will affect the timelines for building, and also new collaborative approaches to construction, such as Integrated Project Delivery (IPD).
The SOLD OUT event was held at the Center for Architecture, and sponsored by PlanGrid, HDR, and Ballinger.
- Lisa Berkey, Director, Design & Construction, Penn State University
- Douglas Carney, SVP for Facilities, Real Estate and Capital Program, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Michael Dausch, Executive Director, Design and Construction, University of Pennsylvania
- Pamela Ward O’Malley, Vice President for Facilities, Cooper University Hospital
- John Bechtel, Assistant Director, Design & Construction, Penn State University
Click below to see photos from the event: