You’ve made up your mind. You’re ready to step up your game and become a LEED professional.
Here’s what you need to know about the application:
First things first: the eligibility requirements
- LEED Green Associate: There are no eligibility requirements. However, we do recommended that you have exposure to LEED and green building concepts through education, volunteering, or work experience.
- LEED AP with specialty: You will not be required to document experience on a LEED-registered or certified project, but it will be assessed within the exam.
The application steps
- Log into your usgbc.org site user account, then navigate to Credentials.
- Select your exam of choice.
- Complete the exam registration process.
- Schedule exam date and location on prometric.com/gbci.
- LEED Green Associate exam: USGBC/CaGBC members/full-time students: $200 (non-members: $250)
- LEED AP specialty exam: USGBC/CaGBC members: $250 (non-members: $350)
- Combined exam (LEED Green Associate and LEED AP with specialty): USGBC/CaGBC members: $400 (non-members: $550)
How long do I have?
Registration is valid for one year. In that year you are allotted three registrations per exam section. After this year expires, you must wait 90 days before registering again. You may also request an extension of the one year registration period for extenuating circumstances.
Ready to do this?