As we continue to evaluate the coronavirus and its effects on the Philadelphia region, we want to make you aware of updates regarding the response of the Department of L&I. One of our primary goals as your association is to maintain a clear line of communication in order to support our members in maintaining a safe and healthy workforce.
GBCA has been informed that the Department of L&I will operate a skeleton crew of inspectors with work activities prioritized based on the severity of Building / life Safety issues. As we noted in prior updates, all inspections are to be scheduled by using the Interactive Voice Recognition system.
- If a permit starts with an Alpha – prefix, it is a “new” permit issued in the eCLIPSE system (follow the prompts).
- If a permit number is all numerical, the permit was issued in the legacy system. These permits ceased being issued in the legacy system on March 12, 2020. The system will prompt the caller to press #5 and enter the permit number. The system will allow for scheduling using the inspection code #999 Next Inspection (this is the only option for permits issued March 12 or earlier).
- If you have multiple permits on a property (building permit, amended building permit, etc.) and the system doesn’t recognize a permit, keep trying the other permits.
- The system will ask you to leave the name of the person meeting the inspector. Leave both the name and Cell phone number.
- The system will only allow contractors with up to date licenses to schedule inspections. Contractors can update insurance and tax clearance documents in the eCLIPSE portal and pay necessary license fees.
Our team will continue to monitor the situation and make updates as needed. GBCA will continue to monitor all information and disseminate to our members the most relevant and timely information. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to staff members.
All previously distributed information, including: Health & Hygiene Tips, ToolBox Talks, and Resource Links, can be found at GBCA’s Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resource Page:
AGC of America Webinar on COVID-19 and the Construction Industry
AGC of America will be holding two webinar sessions tomorrow for the AGC WebEd – “COVID-19 – Latest Developments and Impact on the Construction Industry” on Friday, March 20. Registrants can choose between 2:00PM and 4:00PM (EDT).
After clicking the link, members will be presented with two options for registering. Both webinars will cover the same content, will be live, and will allow for interactive Q&A. Recordings will be available to all registered AGC members beginning Saturday, March 21.