Conversations about women in construction often focus on recruitment and increasing access and entry into the field. There’s more to the conversation, however, than barriers for women and thinking about how the construction industry “needs to change.”
The construction industry is already changing, and women are part of that change. At the 2019 Leadership Development Conference, women will be talking about the trends and future of construction. Gender and cultural issues play into this conversation, but in the end, these speakers want the same thing: They want the construction industry to thrive and grow stronger.
Diversity & Inclusion: Women in Construction
Date: Friday, September 13, 2019
In 2019, there are more women now working in the construction industry than before. While we work to better meet diversity and inclusion goals, women in construction are already making an impact in the industry. This panel looks at how women in construction have done more than simply challenge “how things have always been done.” There is more to think about than just workforce development: Men and women alike will see from our panelists that women are part of the future of construction.
- Amy Novak, Project Executive, Torcon, Inc.
- Angela McCaffery, Chief Operating Officer, Bittenbender Construction, LP
- Christine Fiori, Program Director & Clinical Professor, Drexel University Construction Management Program
- Iliana Limon, Project Manager, Shoemaker Construction Co.
- Karla Wursthorn, Senior Estimator – Preconstruction, TN Ward Company
- Maura Hesdon (Moderator), General Manager, Shoemaker Construction Co.
Register to see this panel and more!