March 1-7, 2020 is Women In Construction (WIC) Week.
Held by the National Association of Women in Construction (NAWIC), WIC Week highlights women in the construction industry, showing how women are already in the construction industry. WIC Week also promotes awareness of opportunities for women in construction.
The National Association of Women in Construction has WIC Week resources on their website (click below), including suggestions on what you can do. Some suggestions include the following:
- Promote WIC Week within your firm to engage both females in the office and the field
- Host a tradeswoman and office personnel lunch, a jobsite tour, or other activity
- Host an event or plan a STEM activity to engage young girls or college aged women to promote careers in construction
- Recognize females working for your firm on your social media platforms or website
- Hand out PPE or giveaways
- Promote your support and inclusion of women in our industry
Stay tuned for news about events and activities being held by NAWIC Philadelphia Chapter 145.
GBCA will also help promote our members’ activities for WIC Week. If you plan to promote WIC Week within your firm, please contact us so that we can highlight your efforts!