Project Safety Awards
GBCA has a long-standing commitment to safety in the commercial construction workplace, and has continued to reinforce our credibility in the construction industry and safety communities. Safety awards provide member firms with a source of pride and prestige. Our award programs provide the opportunity to document your firm’s achievements in safety, receive well-deserved recognition from your peers in the industry, and provide you a competitive advantage.
Project Safety Awards are designed to acknowledge safe work sites by providing the site owners with a plaque commemorating safe work performed by GBCA members while assigned to their projects. The GBCA produces the plaque which is then given to the eligible member. The member, at their convenience, then presents the plaque to the owner or their representative.
In order to be eligible for the award:
- The applicant must be a current member of the GBCA.
- The applicant must have been a GBCA member throughout the length of the project.
- The applicant must have ZERO OSHA recordable injuries or illnesses throughout the length of the project.
- The applicant may have only one (1) property damage (including auto) incident with a total value not to exceed $10,000 throughout the length of the project.
- The applicant may have no third party (i.e. the general public) personal injury incidents throughout the length of the project.
- The applicant must have accrued a minimum of 1500 man-hours on the project site.
- The applicant must complete and sign the award questionnaire.
- Submit a completed application and safety questionnaire
- Submit a $100 application fee.
- Member may apply for multiple project safety awards however the member may only apply for one award per project.
- The GBCA will deliver the award to the member but it is up to the member to arrange presentation to the owner or their representatives.