GBCA Silica Program
How the Program Works
- Member’s order the necessary equipment and testing materials by phone or Email.
- Equipment arrives in a special box (don’t throw it out) via USPS, UPS, Fed-Ex.
- Test the work area as required following the instructions provided.
- Complete the chain of custody forms and submit. (instruction also provided)
- Submit silica sampling tests to Galson labs (an accredited lab) for results. Using the box the unit came in)
- Once a contractor submits viable task-related sampling data they will be able to access the searchable database.
- The results will be returned to the subscriber allowing them to determine the next compliant course of action for their worksite.
What is Included in the Program?
- Access to free pump loans and discounted monitoring test materials.
- Technical support via facetime, e-mail or phone.
- A copy of the OSHA directive highlighting some of the requirements for Citations and inspectors.
- A written Respirable Crystalline Silica Policy template. (required to have on site)
- Links to aid in creating a work plan for silica compliance.
- Silica code compliance checklist.
- Silica planned activity checklist.
- Workshop on the proper use of equipment.
- Access industry-wide silica sampling
What is the Cost?
- Cost to participate in this program is complimentary to GBCA members. Members will be required to request to be part the program by filling out the request form.
- Discounted testing materials ($150 per test) and shipping costs.
- GBCA will reimburse up to $150 from the first order of testing supplies. (one time only)