On Tuesday, November 6, 2018, representatives from GBCA, GBCA members Gilbane Building Company and INTECH Construction, and GBCA education partners Drexel University and Jefferson University, participated in a panel for St. Augustine Preparatory School’s Career Pathway Presentations.
About 90 students learned about careers in construction, including at the professional and executive level. The speakers spoke to the different forms of higher education required for today’s construction industry, which includes fields such as project management, engineering, architecture, and new technologies development. They also spoke to the different pathways they took to get to their current positions.
Thanks to our speakers for participating, and thanks to the staff and students for making this Career Path Presentation a success!
- Drexel University, Christine Fiori, PhD, PE, Department Head of Construction, Engineering, Project Management and Systems Engineering
- Jefferson University, Edward Keeter, PhD, Director of the Construction Management Program College of Architecture and the Built Environment
- Intech Construction, Colleen Mills, Senior Project Manager at Intech Construction
- Gilbane Building Company, David Maser, CM-BIM, Sr. VDC Manager – Mid Atlantic Division
- General Building Contractors Association, Angela Hendrix, Director of Education and Professional Development
In 2019, St. Augustine Prep is looking for companies in the construction industry to host some of its junior students in a day of job shadowing. To allow a student to job shadow you, please contact Angela Hendrix at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click below to learn more: