On Monday, January 13, 2020, GBCA held its 2020 Annual Meeting at the Union League of Philadelphia. Over 400 GBCA members and guests came together at this SOLD OUT event to celebrate another year of accomplishments for the association and its members.
After an opening prayer from GBCA Board Member William A. Cobb, Jr., President of Haverstick-Borthwick Company, Philadelphia’s Mayor Jim Kenney gave an opening address, commenting on the role of the union commercial construction industry in shaping today’s Philadelphia skyline.
Continuing the theme of celebrating industry success, David E. Panichi, Chairman & CEO of TN Ward Company, presented Francis A. Pietrini, CEO of B. Pietrini & Sons, Inc., with GBCA’s Distinguished Director Award. Click here to learn more about the Distinguished Director Award.
The Annual Meeting also featured two guest speakers who spoke about the value of GBCA’s services and efforts in 2019:
- Jamal Byrd, CAPP Instructor & Former Participant
- Mary Kate Radomski, Frank V. Radomski & Sons, Inc., Chair of GBCA’s Construction Leadership Council
Labor leaders from the industry were among the evening’s attendees:
- Carpenters Apprentice Ready Program / Carpenters Joint Apprentice Training Center of Philadelphia & Vicinity
- Construction Apprentice Preparatory Program
- District Council 21 Painters and Allied Trades
- Employing Bricklayers Association
- IBEW 98
- Ironworkers Local 405
- Mechanical & Service Contractors Association of Eastern PA
- Operating Engineers Local 542
- Philadelphia Building Trades Council
- Roofing Contractors Association
- Sheet Metal Contractors Association of Philadelphia & Vicinity
Several elected and civic officials came as invited guests. Thank you for coming and meeting with our members!
- Mayor Jim Kenney
- Councilman At-Large Derek Green
- Councilman Bobby Henon
- Councilwoman Katherine Gilmore-Richardson
- Councilman Mark Squilla
- Deputy Mayor for Labor, Rich Lazer
Thanks to all who attended, and to all of our sponsors: This event was an incredible success because of your support!