GBCA is working with the City of Philadelphia’s Office of Economic Opportunity and holding an event during Philadelphia Minority Enterprise Development (MED) Week. MED Week highlights minority businesses and the resources that help them grow. Throughout the week, organizations from across the region will host events focused on this year’s theme, “Moving the Needle.”
Contractor Roundtable: A Conversation with MBE/WBE Contractors
Date: Wednesday, October 9, 2019
Time: 3pm – 4:30pm
Location: GBCA Training Room, 36 South 18th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103
This panel of GBCA contractors will have a candid conversation about their experiences, pain points, successes, tips and tricks on doing work as an MBE/WBE contractor in the Philadelphia Region.
- Jewell Antoine-Johnson, President, Antoine Johnson LLC
- Kristin Smith, President, Smith Flooring, Inc.
- Ivan Watson, Chief Executive Officer, The Watson Organization, Inc.
- Jameel Worthy, General Manager, Steadfast Entities LLC
- Moderator: Emily Bittenbender, Managing Partner, Bittenbender Construction, LP
**This event is for non-GBCA member companies that are minority or women owned businesses participating in the Office of Economic Opportunity’s MED Week for Minority Enterprise Development.**